The following must be reported by Tribal officials:
- Gifts, Donations or Contributions
Any gift, donation or contribution given or received by the Tribal official must be reported on a quarterly basis as follows:
1st Quarter (October – December) due January 15
2nd Quarter (January – March) due April 15
3rd Quarter (April – June) due July 15
4th Quarter (July – September) due October 15
- Fraud, Waste, Abuse, Corruption, and Ethical Violations
Any instance of potential fraud, waste abuse, corruption, or ethical violations known by the Tribal official must be reported immediately. A hotline is available 24 hours 7 days a week. A report can be made by calling 800-455-9014 or on the web at ebci.alertline.com. A report can also be made to any staff of the Office of Internal Audit and Ethics. Reports must include as much information as possible to aide in an investigation if warranted.
- Charges or Convictions
Any charge or conviction against a Tribal official must be reported immediately or as soon as reasonably possible but not later than 24 hours. Reports can be made by calling 828-359-7074 or 828-359-7072. If necessary, a voice message may be left. Documents outlining the details of the charge or conviction must be submitted within five (5) days of the occurrence. Subsequently, documentation of the disposition of the charge or conviction must be submitted within five (5) days of the disposition.
- Attestation and Disclosure Statement
Tribal officials will file an Attestation and Disclosure statement with the Office of Internal Audit and Ethics upon election or appointment and no later than October 1 of every year thereafter. The Attestation and Disclosure Statement must be on a form prescribed by the Office of Internal Audit and Ethics and must include the following:
- Attestation statement that the Tribal official received, read, understands and will abide by the Code of Ethics.
- A list of the Tribal official’s immediate family as defined in Cherokee Code 117-45.1(a)(5).
- A list of businesses or entities in which the Tribal official or immediate family has a personal interest as defined in Cherokee Code 117-45.1(a)(3).
738 Acquoni Road
PO Box 455
Cherokee, NC 28719